Note from the Health Office!
The health office would like to send out a reminder regarding when your student should stay home from school due to illness. It is important to complete the Online Attendance Form and report your student's absence each day they are home. Please list any symptoms they are experiencing as the health office tracks illness within our schools. If your student has a fever, specifically state what the temperature is.
Your student must stay home if they have any of the following:
Should your student come to school ill, the health office staff may contact you to pick your student up from school.
- Had a fever of 100 degrees or more, they must stay home until they have been fever-free for 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- Vomited or had diarrhea, they must stay home for 24 hours after the last episode.
- Had any rash for which the cause is unknown. Check with your family physician before sending your student to school.
- Been diagnosed with Strep Throat. Your student must stay home for 24 hours after antibiotic treatment has started.
- Been diagnosed with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis). Your student must stay home for 24 hours after the medication has started.
- Uncontrollable cough.
Following these guidelines is extremely important for the protection of our students and staff. There are many students throughout the district who have weakened immune systems and have trouble fighting off illness and infection. Preventing the spread of illness allows students to have fewer sick days from school and be better learners!
Everyone can do their part at preventing the spread of disease by:
- Keeping students home when they are ill.
- Washing hands frequently throughout the day- including before and after meals.
- Making sure to cover your coughs and sneezes.
Link for Mahtomedi Attendance Information & Form: https://www.highschool.mahtomedi.k12.mn.us/page/2720
High School Health Office: 651-762-5852