Important 2021 Prom Information:
Conduct and Safety:
- Prom will take place on the Stillwater River Boats on Saturday, May 22nd from 8:00-10:15pm. Check-in will start at 7:30pm and the boat will cast off at 8:00pm sharp. Students are encouraged to arrive early so they do not miss the event. The boat will dock and deboard at 10:15pm.
- There is ample parking around the Stillwater River Boat docks. For larger vehicles, such as a bus or limo, there is a drop off area on Main St. just up the hill from the docks.
- MHS seniors only will be admitted to the prom. Seniors may bring one guest. Guest information will be entered when purchasing tickets. Guests should be of high school age and not over 20 years of age. Seniors and their guests will be required to show a student or state-issued ID at check-in.
- Prom tickets may be purchased through the Mahtomedi ePay Store. The cost is $25.00 per person. Tickets must be purchased by Friday, May 21st at noon.
- Grand March will take place from 3:00-5:00pm on Saturday, May 22nd. Grand March is open to current MHS juniors and seniors and their guests. Due to COVID protocols all students and guests must reserve a time slot to attend Grand March. There are a limited number of time slots available - please do not wait. Please visit the Grand March Information link for additional information.
- To be admitted to Prom, you are required to abide by the law and not under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Students suspected of being under the influence will be detained for the duration of the event. Their parents will be notified to pick up their student if he/she is found to be in violation of the school policy and state law.
- While on the boat students are expected to abide by the Stillwater River Boat rules and regulations at all times.
- As this is a school sponsored event, attire must align with the Mahtomedi High School dress code. This is also a semi-formal dance and students should consider this when selecting their attire for the evening. All students must wear shoes.
- Current COVID protocols for social distancing and wearing masks will be followed while checking in for Prom and while students are on the boat.
- Water, soda and lemonade will be provided during Prom. Outside food and beverages will not be allowed to be brought on board the boat.
- This will be a rain or shine event unless there is lightning or severe weather. A SchoolMessenger notification will be sent to attendees and their families if the event is impacted by severe weather.